Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hear Me Out


What a convenient time to apologize for my hibernation. You all can just channel all of your frustration onto the Beibs. After all, you can't very well deport me, can you? (...can you? Let's not try, please. I do enjoy America).

Actually. I am not here to apologize for disappearing, because it was on purpose.
I am here to tell you why.

The weather was getting colder, food was getting fattier, angst was getting angst-ier. So, consequently, self esteem was growing thinner. Getting out of bed was difficult, much less putting clothes on my body. This all tied in with thoughts about how stupid I felt posting about which outfits made me really proud of myself. Even though I hadn't posted my own outfits in a while--why did I think my clothes were any more interesting than anyone else's? It all just felt stupid.

That is why I decided to not post.

I am not here to say that I have had a major turn-around in my opinions about posting outfit pictures. I feel less stupid, but I am not promising anything at this point. I am here to express my love for writing and my love for clothes--loves that I will defend until the day I die, because they are both forms of expression, and I am a creature that needs to be heard.

So, here I am, ready to be heard again.

{picture from tumblr}

1 comment: