Friday, November 8, 2013

Messy





     Obviously, what you wear reflects your mood. Today, after reaching for my phone in the dark of 5:50 am to read the email stating that I did not, in fact, get a callback for auditions (see previous post), I promptly decided that today would be a burger joint t-shirt and scarf combo day. That being said, 1, I do not wear t shirts every day, 2, I wear t shirts even when I am in the most joyful of moods, and 3, I find it very important for mental well-being to still appear and feel put-together even with said tshirt on. Yesterday I had some nice French stripes and a scarf going on, but I felt much less "put-together" than I do today. It all comes down to how you carry yourself on any given day. It also has to do with the hair and makeup that we pretend is not important but, in all honesty, really is.

     I'd like to take a minute and reflect on a newly discovered truth that has been revelatory in my life: even the girls that say they "just wake up and go" and have beautiful bed-head curls--ha! They actually do try just like the rest of us. Everyone has a hair routine. Everyone. Now, how your hair naturally dries of course has to do with the cut and the thickness and the texture. But everyone has a hair routine. If you don't, get one. I went the longest time believing that since a certain friend of mind claimed that her beautiful waves were just a product of sleeping, that I, too, did not need a hair regiment in order to obtain such hair. Nope. Not true. It doesn't work that way. So children, always remember:

1. Some people just have to try harder than others to get their desired outcome.
2. Everyone tries harder than you would think. Everyone. Just take my word for it.
3. When in doubt , get a better hair cut. Works wonders. Also take my word for it.

     All of that to say, being put-together is important in shaping how you appear to others and, more importantly, how you view yourself. Confindence really is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment