Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Fresh


     Well, as if an answer to prayer (which, obviously, it was), I am feeling less funk-ish today. Well, tonight anyways. Today basically sucked. I got my iPad taken while looking at shots from the Isabel Marant show instead of doing homework in study hall. Go figure. But my lovely Monday night Bible study with some great girls really centered me. The rest of the night was great.
Contributing Factors:
1. Isaiah 49: 15-16
Can a woman forget her nursing child, 
     that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget,
     yet I will not forget you.
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
     your walls are continually before me.

How is it possible to feel lonely when He is saying these kinds of things to you?

2. Coffee, duh. Small coffee shops are the best, especially when baristas surprise you with a South African accent and are stunning without being skinny and give you hope for your own self-image.

3. I discovered a new song on the radio. I love it. It'll probably get more famous and become overplayed and I'll get bored with it eventually, but for right now it is probably my new favorite. This happened with Avicii's "Wake Me Up"--I just wanted to tell everyone about it. This song is John Newman's "Love Me Again". It is beautiful and perky and soulful and I love it. Check it out.


4. And lastly, the reason I ran for the computer in order to not lose the inspiration: Anthropologie (isn't this is a "fashion" blog, after all?). The catalog came today. Have you ever seen something so beautiful, you just want to eat it? OK good, me too.
     Here's some highlights:


 Just gonna eat it all.
     Plus this model is gorgeous. Such beautiful and real features, with natural blonde hair. Some people feel worse about themselves upon seeing beautiful people. I am mostly in that category. But on some occasions, seeing beautiful people inspire me to try a bit harder, as well. I definitely had a terrible hair day today, and seeing how hers looks easily styled but still wavy and poofy is definitely a boost. (sensing a theme, here?)
     I am officially ready for orange pants and oxfords and blue lace and autumn.
     Bring it on, life.


No comments:

Post a Comment