Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A "Short" Story








     I've caught the fever--the DIY-shorts fever. 
     It just wouldn't feel like summer without the sound of cicadas, the smell of sunscreen, and the feel of walking out of Goodwill knowing that you are about to turn this mom-jean-mayhem into the most stylish pair of shorts the world has ever known. (Ok, maybe not--I'm just really proud of these things, ok?)
     This adventure all sprouted from a lovely pair of shorts I came across at Free People (click here to see them--they are the "pacific railroad" color). They were so lovely, but so costly. Which, of course, got me frustrated. The frustration grew into determination--heck, I could make these suckers myself! And so, I kept my eyes peeled (ew) every time I visited any store of the thrift or consignment type for shorts in that railroad-worker pattern. Sure enough, some Guess jeans in size too-big-for-me came into my possession. I was oddly disappointed though, that after hemming and sewing lace onto them, these shorts of wonder did not magically shrink to fit me. Annoyed, I tore off the belt loops and brought them lower so that I could wear a belt a relatively normal position on my waist, leaving whatever fabric that rose above said belt to do as it pleased. 
     And, voila. Finished them yesterday, modeled today. It happened to be a productive week (cue applause). Unlike last week. Or the week before. Or the week before...
     But I digress. Hope you enjoyed this short story. Analyze the characters, draw up a plot diagram, look for symbolism...or just fill up your Roo Cup and go to the pool. 
     Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment